Friday, March 18, 2011

Bs Asp

Its been a while since I´ve been able to write anything since I've been busy exploring Buenos Aires, and there is only one working computer with a line up of people to use it! BA has been a really interesting city, the architecture is amazing, even in the slums, while each area has a unique feel to it. I visited a really cool cemetery in an artys part of town called Recoleta. It sounds creepy but the cemetery has extravagant tombs and burial plots. The really only creepy thing is the fact that there are hundreds of cats roaming around the plots (que the creepy music). Next door is a free art gallery that has a Picaso, Monet, but mostly Argentinian artists. A few of us spent the day relaxing in the nearby park, watching people slack line around a course of trees. I almost got pick pocketed on the subway during rush hour. You're packed in there like sardines and I was wearing gym shorts with loose pockets. Anyways right when I got on there were people scrambling and brushing by, I squeezed my body in to get a spot, when suddenly it happened. Next thing I know I can feel a hand in my pocket, so I squeeze down and make eye contact with the guy and he pulls away. He didn't get anything, besides a very awkward subway ride as we had a few stare offs. On a more positive note, I had the best steak and beef I've ever eaten, it was a buffet that was amazing. They had a sushi section where you pick what you want in your roll and a guy makes it right infront of you. I was told Argentina is known for their meats, and I definitely was not let down! Well It's off to a new city, hopefully I can upload photos there! I'm finally feeling 100% healthy again, and ready for Salta, Agentina.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Good thing you didn't get pick pocketed that would suck. How was the slack lining course? I haven't been keeping up with your posts! I didn't know you had posted anything.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete