Monday, March 21, 2011

Gaucho, Bang Bang

I'm lying here In a hammock over looking the Quebrada de Humahuaca. Which means mountains, cactus, and desert land. I'm in a small town called Tilcara, which has many Gauchos. Gauchos are the Argentinian cowboys, with big hats and pauncos. I trekked around the area, visited a cool gorge with a famous rock because it has seven colours of rock in it. I've spent the past few days with a couple from Chicago and a Brit who have taught me a lot of Spanish. I just hope I can retain I all! I came from Salta, which was a cool colonial town but didn't have to much to do or explore. A few cool things I've noticed about Argentina are that they love dogs, there's even professional dog walkers who have up to a dozen dogs on separate leashes holding onto them all for dear life. Argentina is the number 5 country for Ice Cream, and have cool and cheap options. Driving through the Country side you can see a lot of poor towns. Many of the children are playing soccer, but the field is run down and wild horses, donkeys, or cows are sharing the field with them. Anyways, the suns setting and it's getting cold, I'll write again from Bolivia. Long live the gaucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment