Monday, March 7, 2011

Rio!!!

BRAZIL!! It's alive with the Carnival spirit! Well it's day 3 now, and a lot has happened. I left Canada on Friday feeling really under the weather, the plane rides weren't pleasant as I would go through packages of kleenex and try to sleep, then to top it off my luggage didn't get transferred to my plane during my lay over in Houston. So I was without a change of clothes or toiletries for a few days. However I'm feeling much better, my bags arrived to my hostel, and suddenly the sun seems to be shining brighter! So far: I've seen Christ the Redeemer, the beaches, Monkeys, and some of the most ridiculous costumes you can imagine. It's a big celebration during Carnival, with locals and tourists dressing up in a giant Halloween-esqe celebration. There's fat supermans, men in drag, the entire star wars cast, and so much more. Anyways this is my first post from Rio, It's a cool city with a big contrast between rich and poor, yet everyone seems friendly enough and speaks a bit of English. Ill post pictures and write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment