Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Arenal

It´s hot here in Costa Rica. Really hot. I´m dripping sweat from walking from my hostel room outside, to the computer room. Anyways, now that thats out, theres not too much to say. My flights from Lima to Panama, then Panama to Costa Rica were painless, I slept through the entire flight for both, everything went off without a hitch. I caught a shuttle from the airport to Arenal/La Fortuna, a small touristy town thats built around this giant active volcano. It hasnt erupted since the 60´s but you can usually see smoke coming out the top at all hours, and SUPPOSEDLY you can sometimes catch red lava shooting out at night time, but I have yet to see anything. It´s mostly families and couples in this town, which made for a sort of strange zip lining tour. My group consisted of four families, all with kids under the age of 12, and me. I rented a moped and drove it from town to town on one of the few paved roads they have here, it was probably the most fun thing I´ve done yet in Costa Rica! Anyways, I made a few friends from the states, and tomorrow I´m taking a shuttle to the west coast to join them, and visit two surfing/beach towns, Montezuma, and Santa Teresa. Its the Holy Weekend here though, meaning theres a total alcohol ban starting midnight tonight, and lasting until Sunday... It could be a strange weekend staying in the surf town thats known for nightlife.

p.s. I´ll be arriving in Toronto this time next week, those 2 months went by in the blink of an eye

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no SgW this week it appears ><
    can't wait to have u back in the country dude~

    ReplyDelete