Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pura Vida

Well It's been a while since my last post, I guess it's because I can't be bothered to either find a computer, or charge my ipod because life moves too slow out here to feel the need to do ANYTHING besides sit in a hammock, lie on the beach, or stroll around the small towns eating fresh fruit. I've spent the past 3 days in a beach town called Montezuma, it's only one block of wooden bungalow style shops and restaurants, but has an amazing vibe to it. I spent last night at a beach party that had a fire show with fire spinners, people doing Cirque de Soleil style ropes hanging down and people doing acrobat stuff on them, and a electronic DJ with a light show. The beaches are nice, but there wasn't much sand, mostly giant rocks that you have to climb over, however they do have 3 waterfalls that were amazing. I spent Easter Sunday trekking to the waterfalls, diving off the rocks, using the rope swings and just hanging out in the jungle area. I had the place to myself for about 30 minutes, until a few other Canadians showed up and showed me a much bigger cliff edge to jump off of, which was definitely cool. After that I headed back to my hostel, grabbed my stuff, and bused to Santa Teresa, a surf town 30 minutes away. This beach is amazing, this place is pure paradise, I don't think I'll come home! I befriended a group of 4 people traveling and were now sharing a dorm room. There is some cool wildlife here, giant Iguanas, tons of wicked birds with crazy bird calls, and howler monkeys that throw mangoes at you from the trees. Tomorrow I plan to rent a surf board, then ATV around to neighbouring beaches in the afternoon. The next day I head to Alajeulo, where I fly home.....

1 comment: