Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's been a while.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last wrote, but it's because I've been doing tons of stuff and just caught a break now! Wellington was my last stop on the North island, and it was a beautiful city. I decided to go to the rugby game with a few people and we watched the Wellington Hurricanes play the Perth Western Force. Not knowing the rules of rugby didn't really matter, since they're pretty easy to pick up and you just cheer when everyone else cheers. The Wellington Hurricanes easily beat Perth, and everyone was happy. The next morning we took the 3 hour ferry across to the South Island. We got picked up in Picton and stopped in Abel Tasman. Our hostel was called "Old McDonalds Farm" which is surprisingly a farmed owned by an old guy named McDonald. He had cows, sheep, lama's, chickens, and about 50 backpackers on his property, freely roaming around. The weather was absolutely perfect, so I did what any normal person does on a good day, GO SKYDIVING! It was more than I expected, and defintely one of the coolest/most extreme things I've ever done. I have some photo's so check them out in the photo's section. I also got a free t-shirt and a DVD of the skydive, so I can show anyone once I get back home. We left sunny Abel Tasman for Barrytown, a small little town with a population of 600. The bar/hostel was called Bas Vegas, and it was a costume night. The theme was pirates and hookers, so surprisingly most of the guys dressed up as girls, and the girls as pirates. The next morning we did bone carving, and got to make cool necklaces out of bone (it was said to be the bone of backpackers who didn't pay, but turned out to be cow). I designed my own sort of, I took inspiration from a few designs, but they had templates for those who just wanted a stock design. Anyways, that brings us to today, where I am in Franz Josef, and climbing the glacier tomorrow rain or shine. We've stopped for quick activites along the way, including jumping off rocks into the river, checking out seal colonies, and taking in some wicked sights of the coast. You can see all of these in the photo's section. Well that's all for now, I can't believe Febuary is almost over, time flies when you're having fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goooooodnessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Your pictures are amaaaazinngggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    can't believe you actually did it!!!!!!! eeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures, Greg. Some had me gasping, others had me giggling.

    ReplyDelete