Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Zealand from the Future!

I'm alive! And even better I've just arrived at my first hostel and begun my touring around New Zealand! The flights were long, and the food was dirt, but it wasn't too bad. I was greeted by roaming green hillsides, and tons of cows just outside the airport. I had to fly Toronto - Vancouver - Sydney Aus - Auckland New Zealand. On the way from Vancouver to Sydney, the plane was packed with beach ready Australians. I had jeans and a coat on, and everyone else shorts, sandals, and bronzed skin. Luckily I got the seat beside the Star Wars nerd who ended up telling me all about the specially released comics he got that explain even MORE stuff that the movie doesn't. Anyways I watched enough movies to kill the time and now it's all paid off. I'll be walking around downtown Auckland tonight and leaving for the first leg of my bus tour tomorrow. So far I have to guess half the things the people are saying here because I have a tough time understanding New Zealand accents, and I'm getting the same stares back as I mumble and slur my words. Anyways, I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt and off to see what the city has to offer. We're 16 hours ahead, so I'm currently writing from the future, and the future is friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment